Apple Sausage Stuffing.
I was too busy cooking up the rest of Thanksgiving dinner that I completely forgot to take a picture.
So here is the recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 whole wheat baguettes, staled and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Seasoned Veg Better Than Boullion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Field Roast Apple Sage sausage links, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, about 1 1/2 Tbsp., chopped
- 15 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Melt vegan butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onions, celery and sausage. Saute for 3 minutes then add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add apples and remove from heat. Toss mixture with bread in a large bowl.
- 5Add rosemary, sage and thyme.
- 6In a small bowl mix baking soda, apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast. This will act as the "egg" in the stuffing.
- 7Pour vinegar mixture, vegetable stock, ground black pepper and salt into the stuffing.
- 8Toss then place in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 10Let cool for 15 minutes then enjoy.