Broccoli Cheddar Casserole.
Ready for the holidays? Us neither! Especially when it comes to going to your non-vegan friendly family’s house for a meal. Rest assured, we will be bringing you some recipes over the next couple of weeks. They will make it a little easier for you to show up with a dish that will have your whole family satisfied. First up, the broccoli cheddar casserole. I asked a couple of friends what dishes would be best to make recipes for during the holidays. What they miss most. Have a holiday favorite that you haven’t come across a good recipe for? Shoot us an email in the contact section of the website and we’ll see if we can make it happen.
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews
- 2 medium carrots, quartered
- 3 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups Imagine Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups Fried Onions, seperated
- 1 cup plant based cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsely, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a medium saucepan, place cashews and carrots and enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Until carrots are tender.
- 3Drain water from pan and place cashews and carrots in the blender. Add water, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Blend on high until smooth. About 2 minutes.
- 4In a medium saucepan, place mushroom soup, cashew cream and 1/2 cup fried onions and cook on medium-high until it starts to bubble.
- 5Place broccoli in a 9x13 casserole dish and top with mushroom cashew cream. Toss until broccoli is coated.
- 6Sprinkle with remainder of fried onions and plant based cheese (if using).
- 7Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 8Let cool for 5-7 minutes, sprinkle with parsley then serve.