Coconut Butternut Squash Soup.
Nothing says “Fall is coming” like a good squash soup. This recipe is simple and uses ingredients you can find at most local grocery stores.
I used So Delicious Coconutmilk to give it a velvety feel with a hint of Coconut.
Some more good toppings for this soup: Fried Sage, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Ground Cashews or Balsamic Glaze.
- Servings: 6
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups So Delicious Coconutmilk, unsweetened
- 2 cups veggie broth, unsalted
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut squash in half length-wise, remove seeds and lightly cover with olive oil, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- 2Place cut side down on parchment paper and bake for 50 minutes.
- 3Once squash is done let it cool. Then add So Delicious Coconutmilk, veggie broth, onion powder and garlic powder powder to a deep pan and cook on high until it comes to a boil.
- 4Add butternut squash, maple syrup and sea salt then turn heat down to a simmer.
- 5Using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- 6Add ground black pepper and serve!
This really made me excited for Fall. I cannot wait for the colors but more importantly THE FLAVORS! Yum. Squash soup, yes I will make some.