Fried Mushrooms with Chili Mayo.
Simple comfort food.
- Servings: 4
- FRIED MUSHROOMS: 20 medium cremini mushrooms, washed & halved
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. course sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. safflower or avocado oil
- 1 cup water
- Oil for frying
- CHILI MAYO: 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cashew milk
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1In a large bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, paprika and sea salt. Then stir in oil and water. If the batter is too thick add more water 1 tablespoon at a time. If the batter is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until smooth, but not runny.
- 2Heat 1 inch of oil in cast iron skillet to 375 degrees.
- 3Dip mushrooms into batter one by one and place in skillet.
- 4Turn mushroom once the bottoms are golden brown. About 3-4 minutes.
- 5Place mushrooms on rack lined with paper towels, let cool.
- 6In a large bowl, toss chili mayo sauce with fried mushrooms. Sprinkle with chives and sesame seeds. Enjoy!