Hearty, healthier, vegan version of beef stroganoff. When I was younger my mom used to make the hamburger helper version of beef stroganoff and I cherished the simplicity in it so that my mom save money and time. Now this isn’t boxed stroganoff, but its the next best thing to put food on the table quick for you and your family.
This is a recipe I did for So Delicious and their new Organic Almondmilk with Cashew. I’ve been buying it two at a time, because its on sale at publix AND we go through it like crazy. It has taken place of every non-dairy milk I used before.
Enjoy the recipe, and as always, message me if you have any questions.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion, sliced (1 medium onion)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup So Delicious Organic Almond Milk with Cashew, Unsweetened
- 1 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dijion mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 12 oz. eggless noodles, cooked (Linguini will do if you can't find these)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for serving
- 1/4 cup vegan parmasean.
- 1In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat and sauté shiitake and baby bella mushrooms with a dash of salt. About 4-5 minutes.
- 2Once mushrooms are light brown, remove from pan.
- 3Add onions to the skillet and sauté until translucent.
- 4Add flour and mix with remaining oil until all of it has been absorbed by the flour.
- 5Add vegetable stock and So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew, 1/2 cup at a time. Stirring until your roux is dissolved then add the next cup. Stir continuously until thick.
- 6Once all the liquids are added, add yogurt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- 7Turn heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Toss in spinach and let wilt, then add mushrooms and noodles.
- 9Serve with chopped parsley and vegan parmesan.
All I could find was dried shittake, how would the instructions change?
Thank you and can’t wait to eat this!!