Simple Lemon Loaf.
This is one of the first recipes I tried to make vegan. I looooooved a certain lemon loaf from a certain coffee chain. I’ve updated it multiple times over the years. Now that So Delicious has an ORGANIC Almondmilk with Cashew, I use that. I couldn’t believe there was finally a nutmilk that lived up to the same standards as if I was to make it myself. Yes, this post is sponsored by So Delicious, but I agreed to work with them because I’ve been waiting for this product to come out forever.
So, enjoy !
- Servings: 6
- 3 vegan egg replacements (I used Bob's Mill Vegan Egg, 1 Tbsp. powder, 2 Tbsp. water)
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew, Original
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon, about 2 Tbsp.
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- ICING: 2 cup powdered sugar / 1/4 cups warm Almondmilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl mixed together vegan egg replacement ingredients and let sit. In this case I used Bob's Mills.
- 3In a large bowl whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Add vegan egg, So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew, vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice and coconut oil.
- 5Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with a little coconut oil then add the batter to the pan.
- 6Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- 7To make the icing, pour the warm almond milk over powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes then pour oven lemon loaf and enjoy.