No bells and whistles. This recipe is simple and gets the job done quick.
Update: I updated this recipe to have a 5 minute less bake time, a little less oil and a little less cocoa powder.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted/liquified
- 1 1/3 cups cashew milk, boiling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chocolate chunks
- Sea Salt (to top)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar and sea salt.
- 3Heat cashew milk in a small saucepan on medium-high until boiling.
- 4Add vanilla extract, coconut oil and boiling cashew milk and mix until well combined. If your batter is too thick/dry add more coconut oil, 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- 5Place in greased 7" x 11" baking pan.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from the center. Make sure it does not start to rise.
- 7THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Let them sit for at least an hour until they're cooled before cutting. Unless you want a brownie mess, then by all means dig in.
- 8Sprinkle with a couple of small pinches of finishing sea salt (preferably Maldon) then serve.